The Sound Of Gaya is a new vocal crossover project written and produced by
James Seymour Brett. Inspired by work on film projects, the album blends classical orchestra, powerful mixed voices and ethnic infused percussion and guitars. The material consists of broad and epic anthems, fast and powerful incantations and pure and simple hymns and prayers.
The Sound Of Gaya is a unique mixture of ancient-tribal song and chant mixed with classic orchestral accompaniment but produced with modern pop sensibilities. The album is aimed at classical crossover fans, advertising agencies, trailer houses, and the chill-out crowd.
1. Peace PrayerMeditative opening based on an ancient Sanskrit prayer for peace
2. Earth ChorusMajestic, powerful vocal chorus PlayPause
3. Forest VoicesFast, pulsating incantations evoking the life-giving forests
4. Fire PrayersHypnotic and ritualistic cry out to the element of fire PlayPause
5. Flame SongDramatic orchestral hymn PlayPause
6. Sun DanceRhythmic movement and soaring vocals praising the power of the sun
7. Moon PrayersSpiritual, ethereal reflections on the ambience of night PlayPause
8. Rain SongTouching ballad led by solemn, delicate strings PlayPause
9. Ocean ChantHeartening, grand anthem accompanied by ethnic percussion and orchestra
10. Breath ChantSimple, airy choral theme PlayPause
11. Sky ChorusTranquil, passionate coda portraying the splendour of Gaya